MavTek is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse workforce.
We’re looking for the Business Intelligence Team Lead of Our Dreams for the Business Intelligence Squad. It might be you.
As a Business Intelligence Team Lead, you’ll be part of the BI Squad which belongs to the Data Division. The goal is to further build and scale our data infrastructure. This person will closely communicate with our various developers, product, and operation teams, build or scale existing pipelines, perform data transformations and build Tableau reports to enable data-driven decisions.
Sure, MavTek looks good on paper. But we’re so much more
Since entering Montreal’s tech scene 7 years ago, MavTek continues to grow rapidly while the team forges ahead on a path of inventing change and creating real impact for our customers. We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Team Lead who is innovative, eager to own their success and energized by the opportunity to pursue a career that’s as challenging as it is rewarding.
At MavTek, we empower you to raise your voice, make a real impact not just within our fast growing company, but in everyday lives of tens of thousands of our customers.
Make your friends jealous with:
- 4 Day Work Week
- Competitive salary & vacation packages
- Access to 24/7 on demand online healthcare service
- Generous referral program
- Extensive summer hours & flex time
- Year-round events, from massive to casual and everything in between
- Beautiful office right near Namur metro
- Home office subsidy
- Remote work option
- Learning Assistance program
- Working alongside super talented and friendly people that like to drive innovation
What your day to day life at MavTek looks like:
- Own the process including ceremonies and best practices;
- Actively participate and contribute to MavTek's leadership guild;
- Meet with team in one-on-one's providing feedback and coaching;
- Organize and follow up on quarterly objectives and key results;
- Maintain standards for quality and delivery frequency;
- Scale our dbt project with performant and meaningful data models;
- Use advanced SQL to expand our data marts (fact and dimension data models);
- Work closely with our growth analysts and provide them with derived data sources in Tableau;
- Create strategic and operational Tableau dashboards;
- Provide adhoc reports to our product owners or directors;
- Work alongside our product owners, dev teams, and data engineering to build new data pipelines;
- Communicate data quality issues and promote data governance
Enough about us, we want to know more about you
- Advanced in SQL;
- +5 years as a business intelligence developer and/or BI Team Lead;
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, Mode, Power BI, Sisense, or a similar BI tool;
- Familiar with Git;
- Familiar with data modelling best practices;
- A track record in solving complex problems and working through ambiguity;
- Strong communication skills when working with stakeholders
You’ll be Joining other MavTek Matches:
We’re DJ’s, video game heroes, photographers, movie buffs, musicians, grill masters and everything in between. We’re fiercely proud of our teammates, our work, and the impact we’re making to help tens of thousands of entrepreneurs who rely on our e-commerce platform to monetize their content. If you're inspired to do the best work of your life, then join the team.