Later + Mavrck
Mavrck is the all-in-one, advanced influencer marketing platform enabling global consumer brands to harness the power of social proof that consumers trust today. Marketers use Mavrck to discover and collaborate with influencers, advocates, referrers, and loyalists to create trusted content and insights for customer journey touchpoints at scale. Using its self-service influencer manager, Mavrck allows marketers to take an automated and performance-based approach to influencer marketing.
Founded in 2014, Mavrck has offices in Boston and Denver. Mavrck's platform has been recognized for its superior offering by the Shorty Awards and Retail TouchPoints' Retail Innovator Awards, honored as "Best Influencer Marketing Platform" by Digiday, is the #1 influencer marketing platform for the enterprise on software review site G2, and was named to the 2019 and 2020 Inc. 5000. Mavrck was also named a "Leader" among the top influencer marketing platforms in Forrester's evaluation, The Forrester New Wave™: Influencer Marketing Solutions, Q2 2020.
In March 2022, Mavrck acquired Vancouver-based social media marketing platform Later. Later is the leading social media marketing and commerce platform that helps small business owners and creators grow their brands and businesses online. With a unique combination of tools, machine-learning-based recommendations, and education, Later makes it easy to visually plan & schedule social content, drive traffic, and increase sales – empowering customers to turn their passions into possibilities
Later started at a hackathon in late 2013. Six months later, “Latergramme” launched to almost 20,000 people waiting to use the first version. Later is now the leading visual marketing platform for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest in the world with over seven million users, and in 2021 was ranked #18 in Canada in Deloitte's Fast 50 list, #119 in North America, and placed 51st in the Globe and Mail's Fastest Growing Companies list.
Together, we’re helping connect creators & marketers to grow their social followings and businesses on social media.
About this position:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be a business builder and scaler who will actively manage the financial records of the company’s US operating entity. The ideal candidate will have experience in companies with multiple product lines and cross-border intercompany activity, as well as a proven track record of success in private equity & public company environments
If you are an experienced Senior Accountant with a proven track record of success in private equity-backed companies and companies with multiple product lines and complex tax structures, we encourage you to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company and make a significant impact on its financial success and growth.
What you will be doing:
- Own all accounting functions for the company’s US operating entity. Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities. Reconcile all balance sheet and select income statement accounts on a monthly basis.
- Perform the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process for the US operating entity to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Assist with developing and maintaining internal controls to ensure compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and some regulatory reports as well as ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Assist with preparation for annual financial statement audits.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze financial and operational data and identify opportunities for improvement.
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Experience in companies with multiple product lines and multiple entities across borders.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with other departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- An individual with a preference to automate. Track record of successful implementing and upgrading systems preferred.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
Our approach to compensation:
We take a market-based & data-driven approach to compensation. We leverage data from trusted third-party compensation sources to help us understand the market value of a role based on function, level, geographic location, and scope. We evaluate compensation bi-annually, including performance and market-related factors.
Our salaries are benchmarked against market Total Cash Compensation for the geographic location of our job posting. Compensation for some roles is structured as On Target Earnings (OTE = base + commission/variable) while for others it is structured as Salary only.
To comply with local legislation and ensure transparency, we share salary ranges on all job postings. Skills, experience and other factors help determine the final salary we offer which may vary from the original range posted.
Additionally, all permanent team members are granted stock options and are eligible to participate in various benefits plans as part of their overall compensation package.
$90,000 - 105,000 CAD
- Lead with Humility: We put what’s best for all ahead of what’s best for one - no big egos here.
- Adapt + Grow: We view uncertainty as opportunity and nimbly adapt.
- Make it Happen: We have big ambitions and the courage to achieve them.
- Succeed Together: We prioritize diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment - there’s a seat for everyone here.
- Celebrate: We bring an optimistic mindset into everything we do. We celebrate progress, each other, and unique perspectives.
Some perks of being on our team include...
- Flexible PTO: To further support freedom and flexibility, we want you to take the time off when you want or need it to best recharge!
- Learning & Development: Growth is a big reason people choose to join our team. We provide opportunities through lunch and learns, training, coaching, mentorship programs, and workshops. We support you in pursuing your passions and continued learning!
- Technology Bonus: We provide our team with a generous technology bonus to set you up with the tools you need to succeed in your role.
- Wellness: We provide a variety of workshops, meditation and yoga at our monthly Wellness Wednesday events to help our team perform at their best.
- Parental benefits: We offer parental leave top-ups, family forming support and a life-transitions program to ensure you and your family are well supported when returning to work
- Healthcare: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, STD & LTD, 401k (US-based employees) and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family.
- Employee Resource Groups: Belonging is an important part of doing your best work. These ERGs provide support and community for employees
*Co-op team members are not eligible for company benefits.
Where we work
We hire into our hub cities of Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Vancouver, BC; and Toronto, ON;. We post our positions in the hub location(s) where we are open to having the successful candidate be located.
Diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
We value diversity of thought; we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or age. Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.