Our Core Technology team develops connectivity software for low latency communication with derivatives exchanges all over the world, real-time position monitoring, and additionally utilities and frameworks for our in-house shared services. We have a high degree of trust, freedom and responsibility to produce technologically advanced solutions to demanding real-world problems.
As the Head of Core Technology, you will lead a global team of engineers and report directly to the CTO in a key role helping to guide and support Maven's continued rapid growth with our ultra modern Tech Stack. You are your team are also instrumental to our Technology Graduate Programme and other outreach programmes that you will continue to be involved in and have the opportunity to develop further.
Your team includes many C++ experts leveraging template and metaprogramming in C++ 20 to enhance the productivity of the business. They include members of the standards committee who provide their expertise and knowledge to other technology groups.
Your Utilities Team have strong Python and engineering skills and focus on developing solutions used across groups in Maven. Currently this includes developing our internal CI/CD system and its build processes, tools to support process and event monitoring, with plans for developing orchestration long term, and other general tools and utilities.
- You will be a proven leader with experience of working with high performing teams with deep levels of expertise in C++, C# and Python
- You will have a background in financial services, specifically having experience in market making and exchange connectivity.
- Ideally you have led multi functional teams and managed Team Leads.
- You are a strong coach and mentor and able to develop and support both junior and senior engineers to help them fulfil their potential.
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills and able to develop strong relationships with other Technology Leads, Business Leads and HR.
- You would have had lots of experience building teams and be able to inspire new engineers to join you.
Specific technical skills and experience:
- C++ development (11/14/17)
- Knowledge of multiple exchanges
- Ultra low latency design
- Template programming
- Network programming
A proprietary trading firm formed in 2011, Maven Technology is all about trust, your impact, freedom, and team. We have an internal open-source approach to create a technology environment that is low bureaucracy and high engineering freedom, fostering close collaboration between Trading and Tech to ensure novel solutions have swift impact.
Maven has a culture that is relaxed and informal but highly rewarding of strong performance; there's no dress code, a hybrid working model, plenty of free food and regular social events. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Sydney and New York and will be opening a new Chicago office in early 2022.
Maven's code base is in C++ 20 and we have a modern stack throughout, making extensive use of template and meta programming, Python, FPGA and Julia.