Working on our trading floor, you will work alongside traders and other developers to help us expand system connectivity to new markets, optimise order execution algorithms and improve our trading strategies. In this role, the work you will do will have a direct, regular and highly visible impact on the firm's success.
The skills you will have:
- Excellent C++(11/14/17)
- Template programming
- Ultra low latency design
- Performance tuning and analysis
- Good numerical skills
- The ability to solve new and unfamiliar problems quickly and creatively
- An efficient and diligent approach with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An Interest in trading and finance
Things we would like to see but are not essential:
- Knowledge of financial markets & securities (particularly futures and options)
- Experience with NoSQL and time-series databases
- Knowledge of multiple derivative exchange platforms
- Network communication protocols UDP and TCP
- Network acceleration using proprietary drivers and kernel bypass
- Understanding of and optimisation for modern Intel architecture
What you will be doing with us:
- Full lifecycle of software development for market making, working alongside traders and developers in other teams, such as FPGA, data analytics and UI developers
- Developing low latency exchange connectivity components for new markets
We pride ourselves on being able to rapidly deliver well-engineered software into production. You will be able to see the impact of your work immediately and will be in a unique position to have a direct impact on trading revenue. We make extensive use of automated testing and peer code review to ensure quality and maintainability while keeping time-to-market short.
Maven is a proprietary trading organisation formed in 2011. We employ the most talented traders, developers and engineers in the market, executing a diverse range of strategies across global equities and derivatives. Maven has a culture that is relaxed and informal but highly rewarding of strong performance; there's no dress code, plenty of free food and regular social events. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Sydney and New York and now in Chicago as part of our plans to expand our coverage of global markets.