- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
The National VP of Payer Channel Growth reports to and supports the VP, Payer Growth on efficiently operationalizing Maven’s commercial agreements with Health Plans, and maximizing revenue opportunities within a Health Plan. In this role, you will own a book of business of national and regional health plans, and oversee a cross-functional team responsible for driving the success and growth of these partnerships. You will be responsible for owning the overall partnership strategy, revenue growth, and executive level payer relationships, in addition to serving as a leader on the Payer Growth team. You will serve as the internal Maven expert on your partners’ strategy and priorities, working effectively across multiple internal teams (including sales, product marketing, and client success) to remove roadblocks, enable the partnership to run smoothly, and foster new areas of partnership growth. Your super power is your ability to strategically develop meaningful and enduring relationships at all levels of a health plan, in order to drive a mutually beneficial growth strategy with our health plan partners.
As the National VP, Payer Channel Growth, you will:
- Strategically enable new revenue growth through an assigned Health Plan book of business that may include reselling agreements and embedded programs across commercial and medicaid plans
- Serve as overall account relationship, pipeline, and partnership success owner for each assigned health plan with primary responsibility for overall bookings target, program enrollments, and channel profitability
- Identify joint Maven / Health Plan priorities to develop an overarching partnership strategy, including priorities and account plan
- Develop and drive the cross-program payer strategy, identify priorities for team, unblock most strategic revenue obstacles, and advise on largest reseller deals
- Own executive relationships at the health plan, and serves as the escalation point for day-to-day operations and sales teams
- Ensure positive relationships with health plan product and sales teams are driving Maven’s commercial strategy forward
- Collaborate across payer channel team and with cross-functional Maven teams to identify and deliver cross-payer initiatives and best practices
- Drive new opportunity identification, prioritization, and facilitation, including ownership of all contracting & pricing (new SOWs, renewals, and reseller models)
- Oversee large product initiatives and requests from the payer requiring custom investment and provide payer feedback on product roadmap to expand and enhance Maven’s product offering & capabilities
- Demonstrate a broad comprehension of our partner and client needs, market trends, industry challenges, major players (payers and providers), relevant products and technologies
- Manage 1-2 RVPs responsible for multiple regional plans
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a strong background in healthcare and/or benefits
- Experience managing/coaching direct reports and leading a high performing team
- Demonstrated success in working with external partners to achieve shared goals and in retaining and growing mutually beneficial relationships
- Strong executive presence
- Strategic thinker with ability to proactively identify and solve client and partner problems
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Driven performer with the passion and initiative to exceed individual goals while operating within a collaborative team environment
- Comfort in leading through ambiguity, including engaging or leading sessions, teams and decision-making without having all the information on hand
- Enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, driven by accountability, a strong work ethic and ability to self manage
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; expert listening skills
- Experience working with or selling to health plans, benefits consultants, benefits administrator and/or pharmacy benefit managers and experience carrying a quota preferred
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $190,000 per year. You will also be entitled to receive stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.