- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
The legal, regulatory, and compliance team advises on company strategy, implements company policies, contracts with customers and vendors, and addresses a broad range of legal questions from data licensing and privacy law to corporate governance and transactions.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the VP, Deputy General Counsel role will be critical to our ability to scale Maven's unique virtual care model while adhering to applicable regulations. We need a forward-thinking, collaborative and optimistic leader who can help us solve the many complex issues that surface working across different healthcare populations while managing hyper-growth.
As VP, Deputy General Counsel, Growth, you will:
- Manage a team of leaders with key responsibilities over commercial, product, and operational matters
- Establish systems and scalable processes - from IP development/registration to employee policies — and other necessary regulatory requirements for a late stage growth start-up
- Help build a playbook for Maven Clinic’s expansion globally - including new market launch best practices, entity structuring and critical regulatory and employment matters
- Develop influential relationships, mutual trust, and collaborative partnerships within the legal team, as well as with senior leaders, engineers, product designers, and business partners throughout the company
- Serve as a collaborative partner and advisor to the General Counsel on all strategic matters related to legal, compliance, and regulatory matters
- Provide thoughtful counsel on risk mitigation, compliance requirements, create processes and workflows
- 12+ years of legal experience in the technology sector, with at least 5+ years in-house in the technology sector; strong preference for health care or digital health experience
- Experience in a highly regulated space
- Demonstrated success as a people leader and as a strategic partner to business units and the executive team
- The ability to build and scale a legal "machine", utilizing technology/tools and replicable processes
- Comfort speaking and writing about complex matters with sufficient simplicity and pragmatism to communicate clearly with both legal and non-legal partners across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent negotiating skills, keen analytical abilities, ability to advise on risk mitigation solutions, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced, agile and evolving technology-driven business environment
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with digital health, international growth, or late state/IPOs stage growth is highly desired
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the salary range for this role is $275,000- $305,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.