- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a Sr. Product Designer, Design Systems to join our Product Design team, as the founding member of the Design Systems team, reporting to the Head of Product Design. In this role, you will lead and evolve the design system from the ground up, with a focus on crafting an accessible, scalable, and innovative user experience. You will partner with product designers and platform engineers across Web, iOS, and Android to drive the vision, strategy, roadmap, and integration of Maven’s design system.
What you’ll do:
- Champion a strategy for Design Systems at Maven and maintain a roadmap of Design System components with accessibility and location in mind
- Design and build reusable, interactive components and variants in Figma with immaculate attention to detail
- Partner with engineering to develop, test, and deliver new components and patterns
- Pair with product design team members to review proposed components and patterns, receive feedback, and iterate
- Work with product design and engineering to identify which components and patterns are most in need and prioritize them accordingly
- Help other product designers identify when elements of their work should become a new, reusable component of our larger system or remain local and specific to their use cases
- Define design principles for the new design language to share across the design org. Write documentation to describe the usage and best practices of the components and patterns you design.
- Manage the component library in Figma, ensuring that the library is aligned with development releases and continually update the design team of changes
- Continually drive focus and organization on the design and engineering teams for the betterment and maturity of our design system
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in product design, including experience building and evolving an effective design system
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills, with expert command of visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, and brand systems. Experience with brand redesigns is a plus.
- Familiarity of platform conventions for responsive Web as well as iOS and Android
- Expertise in foundational design principles, best practices and atomic design concepts
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A strong emphasis on collaboration and feedback as a driver of success in their product design process
- Expert Figma user who can teach and train product designers on best practices
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working in a tech startup or agency environment with fast growth and pace of change
- Passion for working on a product dedicated to reimagining women’s and family healthcare
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $160,000 - $215,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.