- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
We’re looking for a Senior Clinical Counsel to lead our cross-functional regulatory clinical efforts and support the rapid growth we are experiencing in the US and abroad. This position is critical to our ability to scale Maven’s unique virtual care model while adhering to applicable regulations. We need a forward-thinking, collaborative and optimistic partner who can help us solve the many complex issues that surface working across different healthcare populations while managing hyper-growth.
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable for:
- Advising on all aspects of US healthcare laws and regulations, state laws, and trends
- Supporting clinical team to support product roll-outs
- Advising and assessing risk on federal or state regulatory matters related to Maven’s products
- Serving as the primary contact to cross functional internal teams, including the clinical and operations teams
- Supporting our affiliated provider entities on matters related to licensure, credentialing, and reporting, as applicable
- Partner with clinical compliance team on requirements, audits, and regulatory matters
- Lead responses on provider matters, inclusive of internal investigations and external regulatory responses
- Experience with corporate practice of medicine and state scope of practice requirements
- A J.D. and admission to at least one state bar
- 7+ years of legal experience
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative mindset
- You’re engaged and excited to help accelerate the growth of a dynamic, fast-paced company revolutionizing the healthcare landscape
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills with the ability to balance business needs with legal risks
- Ability to organize and present solutions to complex problems to a range of audiences
- Thoughtful about building processes to work smarter and with efficiency
- Not afraid of adhering to metrics, process improvement, and workflow management
- Experience working with high growth companies and start-ups
- Digital health or telehealth experience
- Law firm and in-house experience
- Google Docs, Asana, and slack familiarity
- Sense of humor
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $185,000-$270,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.