- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
About the team:
Core Services owns systems that are central to our engineering organization and codebase. This team is critical to the health of our organization, and there are a lot of opportunities for large scale impact and growth!
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable to:
- Discovery and roadmapping for our internal libraries and platforms
- Increase stability, performance, and maintainability of the systems underlying our application
- You have experience owning and maintaining large, complex services and building at scale
- You have experience building monitoring, alerts, and runbooks
- You think about systems and services and write high quality code—we work mostly in Python. However, languages can be learned: we care more about your engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where expertise and responsibility is shared with teammates across disciplines
- You have a passion for good test coverage and always automating
- 5+ years experience building backend services for production web applications
- Experience with most or all of the following:
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Event Driven Architecture
- APIs (GRPC preferred, but REST is great too)
- A scripting or compiled language (Python, Ruby; Scala, Go)
- Cloud ecosystems (GCP preferred, but AWS is great too)
- End-to-end ownership of feature development
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $145,000 - $215,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.