- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
About the team: You would join a Product Engineering Team that values user-centered experience and is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, and development teams. Through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation, we believe in constantly evolving and improving.
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable for:
- Partner with product owners to make thoughtful trade-offs and meet our business goals.
- Take part in a flexible, effective Agile development process.
- Lead full-stack projects from design through execution.
- Design and build backend services (APIs, jobs and tasks, events).
- Create delightful user interfaces and contribute to our shared design system.
- Write well-tested, well-instrumented, well-documented code.
- Provide code review and feedback on technical designs.
- Learn continuously, share knowledge, and mentor engineers across the org.
- You write high-quality code, and you take pride in successful delivery. You know how and when to make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- You're passionate about designing and building reliable, performant APIs.
- You focus on good test coverage, readable code, and the right amount of documentation.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems. You care about observability and thoughtful alerting.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment. You enjoy sharing expertise and responsibility across teams and disciplines.
- You're proactive about learning from peers and mentoring junior colleagues.
- 4+ years' experience building production web applications
- Demonstrated end-to-end project leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with:
- Backend service design
- Modern JS frameworks like React
- Building REST or gRPC APIs
- SQL databases
- Monitoring & observability tooling
- Event-driven architecture patterns
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $145,000 - $215,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.