- Fast Company #2 Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Fast Company #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager in our New York City office to lead a talented and passionate group of engineers. As an Engineering Manager, you'll play a foundational role in building the Maven platform. You will work with a strong cross-functional team between engineering, product, design, care advocates, and our provider operation teams. Strong people management and task management skills are a must have.
As an Engineering Manager at Maven, your core responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback and career development
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members
- Partner with engineers on career progression and individual development for professional growth at Maven and beyond
- Empower your team to build scalable and secure systems for Maven's users, both medical professionals and patients
- Foster curiosity and empathy of your team
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers and product managers in solving exciting and challenging problems across the platform
We’re looking for someone to bring core capabilities to our team:
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching engineers towards delivering timely, high quality software
- 3+ total years of professional software development experience on production-quality products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building and maintaining a complex set of systems
- Experience working with product leads to deliver on time and on target
- Experience working within some form of privacy, security, or regulatory constraints
Helpful experiences and backgrounds:
Maven is built with:
- Google Cloud Platform (Kubernetes)
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.