- Fast Company #2 Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Fast Company #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for full-time Care Advocates to join our team to support our existing patients and practitioners, and the expansion of clients in coming months. Our Care Advocacy team is the voice of Maven, helping both practitioners and patients navigate digital care. As a Care Advocate, you love helping people in their times of need! We believe customer experience is one of the most important and essential roles in the company. You will learn the ins and outs of the product, operations, and the needs of the customer.
We support Maven members 25/7/365. To ensure excellent service, at any time, all Care Advocates start out on a schedule. The Care Advocate class on September 2022 will begin on Tuesday, September 20, 2022. Each Care Advocate has a set schedule and must feel comfortable committing to it.
We support Maven members 24/7/365. We are currently hiring for the following shift: 11pm-7:30am EST, Sunday-Thursday
Our Care Advocate team works remotely. We are looking for Care Advocates who reside in any of the following states: Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, Arkansas, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oregon.
As a Fertility Care Advocate at Maven, you will…
- Explain benefits and coverage, or advise members on how to gather this information from the member’s health plan/employer
- Provide basic education on insurance, fertility treatment costs, and other related topics
- Explain how clinic billing works, what watch-outs to look for and what types of questions to ask at the clinic
- Describe approved resources for cash pay patients
- Support the development of Maven’s internal capabilities, educational resources, and guides related to fertility care
- Deliver amazing service to our providers and patients, primarily via multiple modes of communication including messaging and video appointments
- Conduct virtual appointments with members to support their goals with navigation and coaching
- Provide ongoing case management to ensure member needs are met and adjust care plans as individual member needs evolve over time
- Answer user questions about our product and provide personalized navigation and scheduling support
- Provide health education on key fertility-related topics to support patients achieving the best possible clinical outcomes
- Triage urgent care requests and assess for risk level
- Strategize creative solutions to help solve member needs
- Bring insights from frontline care
- Relay customer insights to support product development, client success, marketing and other business critical functions
- Pilot new condition or population-specific clinical programs
- Provide other duties as assigned
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 2+ years of patient-facing care coordination or financial counseling experience at a top fertility clinic
- Intricate knowledge of health insurance and how fertility benefits work
- Able to explain, in terms that are easy to understand, fertility insurance benefits, coverage limitations, authorization requirements, financial programs (e.g., third-party loan options), and clinic pricing
- A working knowledge common fertility treatments and answers to common questions
- A motivated and ambitious outlook - you love to get things done while staying organized
- Dedication to delivering excellent customer service while remaining calm, flexible and invested in the user’s journey
- Problem-solving skills to help find creative solutions to customer needs
- Enthusiasm to work independently and on a collaborative team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy for patients and devotion to work with discretion as you would be working with sensitive data
Additional helpful experiences and skills:
- Experience working with sensitive health information
- Experience in social work, nursing, public health or related field
- Experience in insurance navigation/claims advocacy or medical billing
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Fluency in a language other than English
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com.