- Built In NYC Best Place to Work (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Midsize Companies to Work for (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
Learn more about the meaningful impact your talents will serve for Maven users by clicking here.
The Finance team at Maven is growing and we are looking for an experienced, analytical and passionate leader to build our Strategic Finance function. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and a member of our Senior Leadership Team, this role will be involved in high-impact decisions and initiatives undertaken by the company, giving them a front row seat to shape Maven Clinic’s growth. The right candidate will also be a committed people leader that can contribute to building a world-class Finance function from the ground up.
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable for:
- Partner with senior leadership to evaluate key business initiatives including new products, strategic partnerships, new market entry, and more
- Lead pricing strategy, collaborating with Maven’s Chief Commercial Officer, SVP of Strategy and Operations and Head of Revenue Optimization
- Run the long-term planning process with a focus on operational and financial benchmarking, coordinating with Head of FP&A
- Interpret key operational performance indicators, growth trends, and competitive positioning to inform strategic recommendations for senior management
- Work cross-functionally to implement critical initiatives and processes across the organization
- Assess potential M&A opportunities
- Play an integral role in fundraising
- Develop materials and communication for Board of Directors and investors
- 15+ years of experience across strategic finance, FP&A, business intelligence, investment banking, equity research, investing (PE, VC, hedge fund) or management consulting. Minimum 3 years at an operating company.
- Healthcare experience highly preferred, ideally focused on early stage, high growth SaaS or subscription-based business models
- Strong analytical mindset with expert financial modeling skills and ability to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies, and financial plans
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior story-telling and data visualization capabilities
- A track record of thriving in fast paced environments
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and manage complex projects across multiple teams
- Knowledge of financial systems including NetSuite & Salesforce
- High energy, high integrity leadership style with a positive outlook, collaborative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Data visualization capabilities in Looker
- Fundraising or public market experience
- Ability to evaluate and manage M&A transactions
- Experience working with enterprise grade planning tools such as Adaptive, Anaplan or Hyperion
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships*
- Work from anywhere IN THE WORLD summer!
- In-office catered breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday Grubhub lunch program & Thursday Maven get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend*
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven!
- 401K matching for US-based, full-time employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers listed under Maven DCW Providers, PA are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.