- Built In NYC Best Place to Work (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Midsize Companies to Work for (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
Learn more about the meaningful impact your talents will serve for Maven users by clicking here.
Maven is looking for an experienced Staff Site Reliability Engineer in our New York City office or completely remote to work on all things infrastructure, site and system reliability, tooling, deployment, and information security. You will work with a strong cross-functional team of engineers, supporting our infrastructure using tools like Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and Docker. Prior experience in a healthcare setting is a nice-to-have, but not a requirement.
As a Staff Site Reliability Engineer at Maven, you will:
- Be a leader within Maven and help drive our technical direction and vision
- Maintain existing infrastructure and systems
- Design new deployment and security strategies
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers and product teams on their infrastructure needs
- Maintain Maven’s existing Kubernetes deployment via Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to ensure high levels of availability to our members who rely on access to our healthcare platform
- Empower our developer teams to ship frequently, safely, and quickly
- Work with our engineering teams on broad infrastructure initiatives, like multi-cloud deployments, disaster recovery processes and testing
- Be a key member of our third-party audits and assessments like SOC 2, HITECH, and more
- Debug and resolve issues in our testing and production environments
- Assist deploying new versions of our systems in production (note that we only deploy during regular work hours)
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 8+ years of production-level experience using cloud-based hosting, notably with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure
- 2+ years of production-level experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, or other infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience with containerized systems like Docker and Kubernetes
- One or more scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)
- Experience with continuous testing and continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems and strategies
- Shell scripting skills (Bash)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Experience supporting a healthcare SaaS-type platform
- Experience with various security and compliance frameworks like SOC, HITECH
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships*
- Work from anywhere IN THE WORLD summer!
- In-office catered breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday Grubhub lunch program & Thursday Maven get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend*
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven!
- 401K matching for US-based, full-time employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers listed under Maven DCW Providers, PA are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com.