Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
Recent awards include:
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
Maven is looking for an experienced high- performing VP sales manager, to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team's potential with Maven's fast growing sales team. You are a sales professional with demonstrated experience closing complex business deals and consistently meeting and exceeding goals. You will work with prospects to not simply buy Maven offerings, but also to build business partnerships that enhance the growth of Maven’s business. This candidate must be a strong leader, extremely well organized, creative, results-oriented, quality minded and help champion Maven’s product portfolio in the marketplace. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of a fast-growing company where your responsibilities will increase exponentially with your ability. The role will report to our Head of Sales.
As VP, Sales at Maven, you will:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the enterprise sales team
- Build and increase pipeline across the Enterprise market segment
- Manage recruiting, objective setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Present sales and revenue reports and forecasts to the management team.
- Contribute to the Enterprise sales strategy and process that results in landing new clients
- Manage the team through the sales process - qualification to close
- Help develop and maintain a network of relationships with key stakeholders and influencers in healthcare: brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
- Act as a player coach to present and deliver Maven’s value proposition
- Be highly motivated, self-starting, data driven and results-oriented
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Successful track record of meeting/exceeding quota attainment for past 3+ years
- Minimum of 5 years experience in digital health sales leadership, ideally selling to HR/Benefits
- Experience leading sales teams with multi-million dollar contract values
- Proven track record in identifying, building and managing complex business partnerships that involve growing revenue and market share
- Proven track record of building, negotiating and closing deals by working across all levels at an organization
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Thoughtful and organized collaborator, working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in Salesforce
Helpful experiences and backgrounds:
- A network of relationships with key stakeholders in healthcare: brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
- Passion for documenting and contributing new ideas and feedback from market to product
- Experience working cross-functionally in a face paced start-up environment
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.