Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
Recent awards include:
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
Reporting to the VP Marketing (CCO on an interim basis), the Senior Director, Marketing will
identify to build and lead a B2B marketing team within Maven’s Growth function. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of a national marketing strategy for all B2B channels - consultants, partners, payers and employers. This individual must bring healthcare experience, leadership, financial acumen, intellectual horsepower and in-depth understanding of B2B marketing in a high growth environment. The Senior Director, Marketing is an excellent team builder and coach with expertise in driving accountability and a high performing marketing culture. With a collaborative and forward thinking mentality, s/he will lead and build a high performing team that reflects the Maven customer life cycle. This leader is an exceptional relationship builder and brand ambassador, passionate about representing Maven as a marketing leader in the marketplace.
Scope of responsibilities
Relentless focus on Voice of the Customer (B2B and B2C) through continuous monitoring and evaluation of competitive and industry trends to deliver on annual marketing goals, ensure market differentiation and deliver on annual revenue targets.
- Establish, track and measure OKRs and budget for the B2B marketing department in partnership with overall Growth strategy. Lead the marketing team across 4 core functional areas:
- Growth (Sales and Client Success) Enablement:
- Design, plan and execute delivery of B2B collateral (sales decks, 1 pagers, client / user testimonials, data analysis, etc) to support new and existing business needs with employers and health plans.
- Competitive Analysis: Actively monitor the competitive landscape to monitor competitor trends, messaging and positioning to inform message evolution
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes with our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
- Product Positioning - Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas. Plan the external marketing of net-new products or features and releases of existing products. Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Work collaboratively with the Brand, PR, and Internal communications team to ensure a consistent voice and market presence.
- Hire, develop, train, and mentor an exceptional marketing team, and hold the team responsible for executing on their marketing goals with clear accountability measures and best practices.
Liaise between Product, Sales, Client Success and Operations as a voice of market feedback to tailor enterprise product accordingly
- Build and maintain a spirit of shared mission, purpose, and culture throughout the marketing team, Growth team and through the entire Maven Clinic organization
Performance & Success Measures
- Contribute to overall pipeline and revenue growth of the company with existing and new business
- Leadership of B2B (employer, health plans and channel partnerships) in close collaboration with Growth Leadership Team (Head of Client Success, Head of Sales and Head of Payer Strategy) to design and execute GTM strategy
- Establish, track and measure OKRs for marketing in partnership with overall Growth strategy
- Strong educational background, MBA preferred
- Passion for maturing and expanding Maven’s marketing model towards an IPO-ready organization
- Has 15+ years experience in senior marketing leadership and execution, with strong track record of high-caliber execution
- Deep connectivity amongst healthcare buyers.
- Expertise and successful track record of marketing SaaS based solutions into health plans and employers
- Fluent in forecasting, pipeline analytics, sales tactics, events and content marketing.
- Proven experience with build-out, development, and management of a Marketing team with a strong coaching/mentorship style, aligning with a common vision and objectives
- Expertise in cross-functional influencing - with Chief Medical Officers, Chief Product Officers, and Chief Innovation Officers - to ensure needs of sales team are met while building strong and productive relationships with C-suite peers
- Understands the determination, energy, drive, and passion it takes to grow and scale an entrepreneurial business. Embraces change and ambiguity within an organization as a natural part of scaling
- Executive-level engagement and communication skills; able to articulate and deliver clear and concise messages internally/externally with excellent presentation skills
- Overall recognized as an individual with outstanding leadership skills, professionalism, communication, and collaboration, capable of inspiring others around a vision and plan
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com.