Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
Recent awards include:
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
Reporting to the Vice President, People, you will be responsible for the success of our employee engagement and team performance through people programs and manager support for 2021 and beyond. Maven is growing rapidly - aiming to double (again) this year - and empathetic, objective People leadership will be critical in creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and be their true selves. The ideal candidate for this position is a People leader who is adept at building candid relationships at all levels, a proven metrics-driven operator, and someone with a bias for action. You are a person who people at work and outside of work look to for sound advice, needed encouragement, and the honest truth. You know that a company’s success is entirely dependent on its People strategy.
As the Director, People Partners you will:
- Support 2-3 functional teams by delivering people programs (performance management, compensation review, manager training, employee workshops, engagement surveys) to your teams. You will be the right hand to your executives, a coach to your managers, and an objective, empathetic resource for the Mavens you support.
- Act on insights you gain from people data to drive engagement and performance on your teams and across Maven. Build processes that will help us work more efficiently with an eye towards operating at scale.
- Constantly iterate on people programs based on feedback from your teams and the rest of the company. Identify areas where we can build and deliver new company-wide programs, and lead program design.
- Build credibility through your actions and interactions with Mavens to become a trusted resource and great example to all.
- Mentor up-and-coming People leaders on our team by sharing your wisdom and leading by example in managing competing priorities, navigating complex people situations, and establishing trusted relationships with senior leaders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Finance, Recruiting, People Experience) to ensure clear lines of ownership, efficient processes, and a great experience for Mavens and candidates.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 8+ years of experience in HRBP, People leadership, or equivalent business operations roles.
- Strong influencing skills to quickly build credibility, establish rapport and engage in executive level partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms that exhibit your objectivity, empathy, patience, and diplomacy.
- An entrepreneurial drive, ability to create order from chaos, and willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems.
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, it’s not a dealbreaker!):
- Early stage startup experience (Series A-C)
- Experience in other parts of a business (outside of People)
- Deep experience in employment law/compliance
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.