Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named the #1 Most Innovative Company in Health by Fast Company in 2020, Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
As Associate General Counsel and the second attorney at Maven, you’ll work on exciting matters that require proactive legal guidance. Reporting into our General Counsel, the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively and constructively. You’ll drive business impact by drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts with different clients and vendors, as well as providing general advice and regulatory compliance support across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven and you will play an instrumental role as a key advisor across the business.
As Associate General Counsel, you will:
- Act as a strategic business partner to review, draft, and negotiate on a range of commercial agreements, particularly focusing on our services for customers, channel partners, and vendors
- Manage due diligence processes, including identifying risks and proposing solutions, in connection with deals and other partnerships
- Work with product and engineering teams to ensure our products and services comply with existing applicable regulations
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry trends, laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Support and advise our People Team on policies, procedures, and compliance.
- 5+ years of in-house commercial legal experience, with a particular focus on the technology sector. Experience at a successful, high-growth SaaS company is an advantage
- Strong background and interest in commercial agreements to drive revenue/business growth in the healthcare space
- Excellent negotiating skills, keen analytical abilities, a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced, agile and evolving technology-driven business environment
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Self-reliant and able to prioritize workload
- Experience working with regulatory bodies and data privacy preferred
- Qualified attorney and Member of Bar Association or otherwise eligible to practice a In-House Counsel.
Benefits & Perks:
Mavens are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our Mavens, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.