Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named the #1 Most Innovative Company in Health by Fast Company in 2020, Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
Maven looks to hire a seasoned, highly motivated and results-driven data scientist who will be instrumental in developing Maven’s data-driven personalization strategies across all channels as well as supporting ROI studies, with the goal of driving and demonstrating improved clinical outcomes. You are an experienced data science leader, with a proven track record of applying state-of-the-art machine learning and data science approaches to solving hard problems and driving business results in healthcare or online consumer domains. The position will be based in Maven’s New York headquarters and report to the head of data.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Maven, you will:
- Shape the strategic vision around how to use groundbreaking data science in support of Maven’s mission
- Drive the technical direction for personalization and other machine learning applications, collaborating with product to set the feature roadmaps and with data and software engineering to develop the data and service platform infrastructures
- Work across product pods to identify opportunities for use of data science techniques to solve scalar problems and promote growth
- Partner with the clinical outcomes and client success teams to support clients ROI and clinical research studies associated with access to Maven’s health services.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning, statistical methods, or applied mathematics.
- A track record of leading cutting edge applications of machine learning related to online healthcare management, behavioral economics or other relevant online consumer applications.
- Experience conducting data-driven studies in a research environment, related to healthcare management, behavioral science or other relevant domains.
- Hands-on experience building advanced end-user applications in recommendation, personalization or targeting.
- Proven record of cross-functional effectiveness, working closely with both business and and engineering teams.
- Experience with one or more of the main programming languages and open-source frameworks used today in data science.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to simplify and communicate effectively to executives complex technical concepts.
- Collaborative and a passion for digital products - not just the way they work algorithmically but how they feel to the end user.
- A M.Sc. in statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics or other related fields.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.