Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named the #1 Most Innovative Company in Health by Fast Company in 2020, Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team. You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered design and is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, and development teams. We believe in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Maven, you will:
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications
- Experience building highly-performant customer-facing applications
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, shell scripting, REST APIs
- Experience with data encryption and consumer privacy. Protecting Maven’s patient data is the most important thing to our company, and you should think about the privacy and security implications of every line of code you write!
- A deep belief in automation and doing things the right way the first time
- An opinion about what code to test and how to test it
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals and how to apply excellent user experience across devices and screen sizes.
- Passionate about the opportunity to work at a company that is dedicated to a mission of making healthcare better for women.
Benefits & Perks:
Mavens are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our Mavens, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.