Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki. Learn more at www.mavenclinic.com.
As Corporate Counsel at Maven, you’ll work on exciting matters that require proactive legal guidance. Reporting into our General Counsel, the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively and constructively. You’ll drive business impact by drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts with different clients and vendors, as well as providing general advice and regulatory compliance support across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven and you will play an instrumental role on the Maven Legal Team.
As Corporate Counsel, you will:
- Act as a strategic business partner to review, draft, and negotiate on a range of commercial agreements, particularly focusing on our services for customers, channel partners, and vendors
- Manage due diligence processes, including identifying risks and proposing solutions, in connection with deals and other partnerships
- Work with product and engineering teams to ensure our products and services comply with existing applicable regulations
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry trends, laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Support and advise our People Team on policies, procedures, and compliance.
- 5+ years of commercial legal experience in a law firm or in-house company, with a particular focus on the technology sector. Experience as an in-house at a successful, high-growth SaaS company is an advantage
- Strong background and interest in commercial agreements to drive revenue/business growth in the healthcare space
- Excellent negotiating skills, keen analytical abilities, a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced, agile and evolving technology-driven business environment
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Self-reliant and able to prioritize workload
- Experience working with regulatory bodies is ideal
- Qualified attorney and Member of Bar Association or otherwise eligible to practice a In-House Counsel.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.