Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki. Learn more at www.mavenclinic.com.
Maven is looking for an experienced Manager, Clinical Research to join our Clinical Research Team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Outcomes, you will play a critical role in building a product that aims to improve the health care of women and their families. You will manage the clinical research roadmap and work with a strong cross-functional team between growth, engineering, product, design, content writers, care advocates, and our provider operation teams.
As a Manager, Clinical Research at Maven, you will:
- Conduct literature searches and identify appropriate material to support clinical interventions.
- Participate in the design of interventions to drive clinical outcomes.
- Design, write and edit research protocols, scientific manuscripts, and white papers.
- Manage and coordinate research studies through inception to submission stage.
- Prepare abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings.
- Prepare and coordinate IRB submissions.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product leads, designers, engagement managers, and marketers in women’s and family health.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Scientific or medical degree (MD, PhD, DrPH, MPH).
- At least 4 years of clinical research experience.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, Human Subject Protection, Clinical research design.
- Knowledge of research methods and data analysis.
- Track of scientific publications.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred: maternal health, fertility, pediatrics, reproductive health.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus: experience in behavioral science, sociomedical sciences, or psychology.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.