Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki. Learn more at www.mavenclinic.com.
Maven is looking for a Head of Strategy and Business Development to grow our footprint through building relationships with like-minded partners across the ecosystem who have a shared mission to improve care for women and families. These partners include: channel partners, consultants, hub ecosystems, health systems, retail clinics, and aggregators. In this role, you will spearhead our growth into these new terrains by developing the strategy and operating model for new revenue streams, negotiate complex contracts, build the pipeline, and execute ongoing partnership and revenue generation. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and savvy understanding of the economics of the modern day healthcare ecosystem.
As the Head of Strategy and Business Development, you will:
- Lead the development of the Maven value proposition for channel partners, consultants, hub ecosystems, health systems, retail clinics, and aggregators
- Be responsible for developing our partnership strategy in partnership with our CEO and GM
- Identify, secure and build relationships with key contacts in existing partner organizations to maximize growth & partnership opportunities
- Develop an infrastructure for managing and tracking the pipeline and partnerships
- Work with the CEO and GM to define targets and strategic objectives for partnership growth goals. Partner with internal Maven teams (product, marketing) to identify and drive growth opportunities for partners.
- Lead the negotiation and finalization of contracts across all partners
We're looking for you to bring:
- 8 - 10+ years of experience building strategic partnerships across channel partners, health systems, retail clinics, aggregators, and hub ecosystems.
- Consulting experience preferred
- Proven track record in identifying, building and managing complex business partnerships that involve growing revenue and market share
- Proven track record of building, negotiating and closing deals by working across all levels at an organization and through different types of channel partners
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Thoughtful and organized collaborator, working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Must be willing to travel
- NYC or remote
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.