Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki. Learn more at www.mavenclinic.com.
Maven is looking for a full-time Care Advocate to join our team to support our patients and practitioners. Our Care Advocacy team is the voice of Maven, helping both practitioners and patients navigate digital care. As a Care Advocate, you love helping people in their times of need! We believe customer experience is one of the most important and essential roles in the company. You will learn the ins and outs of the product, operations, and the needs of the customer. Therefore for the strongest candidates, this is a jumping off point to grow with the company. In service of ensuring that we have expanded coverage for our Maven users, all Care Advocates start out on a shifted schedule.
This person will provide shift coverage from 3 pm - 12 am ET on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
As a Care Advocate at Maven, you will...
- Deliver amazing service to our providers and patients, primarily via email
- Conduct introductory video appointments with members
- Develop custom referral lists for high-quality, in-person care
- Provide ongoing case management
- Answer user questions about our product and provide personalized online appointment booking support
- Moderate our community forum
- Triage urgent care requests
- Strategize creative solutions to help solve customer needs
- Relay customer insights to support product development
- Take on short-term research projects as needed
We’re looking for you to bring:
- A demonstrated interest in/passion for healthcare and making a major contribution to an exciting organization
- A motivated and ambitious outlook - you love to get things done while staying organized
- Dedication to delivering excellent customer service while remaining calm, flexible and invested in the user’s journey
- Problem-solving skills to help find creative solutions to customer needs
- Enthusiasm to work independently and on a collaborative team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy for patients and devotion to work with discretion (you would be working with sensitive data)
- A bachelor’s degree, master's degree is a plus but not required
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Experience working in customer service
- Experience working with sensitive health information
- Experience in social work, public health or related field
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.