Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named the #1 Most Innovative Company in Health by Fast Company in 2020, Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for an iOS Engineer to join our product team. You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered design and is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, and development teams. We believe in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation.
Who you are:
You feel comfortable making critical engineering decisions and constantly iterating based on feedback and collaboration with designers, product managers, and other specialists.
In addition to being an advocate for an experience that delights our users, you will be a part of our continued investment in the best healthcare experience possible for women. This role is a fit if:
- You have the ability to take a project and run with it – you’re a self-starter who doesn’t need micromanaging and thrives in an environment of empowerment.
- You believe in quality code and an excellent user experience
- You feel at home collaborating with a passionate team while taking on interesting technical problems.
What you’re passionate about:
- Deep knowledge of Swift 5.0+ & latest UIKit/Foundation frameworks
- Experience with tools like Cocoapods, SwiftLint, Fastlane
- Ability to work with REST APIs to create data-driven applications
- Knowledge of practical programming principles and patterns like the Single Responsibility principle
- A solid understanding of software design patterns and system architecture
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.