Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki. Learn more at www.mavenclinic.com.
Maven is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered design and is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, and development teams. We believe in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation.
- Real-world experience with frameworks like React, vue.js, ember, Angular, etc.
- An insatiable curiosity for learning and optimizing your skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the latest and greatest frontend technologies, frameworks, and best-practices.
- Experience with standard frontend tooling and preprocessors such as webpack/SASS/npm/yarn.
- Experience working with REST APIs to create large-scale data-driven single-page applications.
- An understanding and appreciation for the importance of accessibility, and real-world experience in delivering best in class accessible web experiences.
- A solid knowledge of software design patterns and system architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in writing unit tests and following testing best practices.
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals and how to apply excellent user experience across devices and screen sizes.
- Passionate about the opportunity to work at a company that is dedicated to a mission of making healthcare better for women.
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike and ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental and other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Annual personal hobby stipend
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated ‘bring your child’ and ‘bring your canine’ to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.