Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named the #1 Most Innovative Company in Health by Fast Company in 2020, Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered design and is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, and development teams. Through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation, we believe in constantly evolving and improving.
What you bring to the table:
- You have experience with and a real passion for building APIs
- You think about systems and services and write high quality code—we work mostly in python. However, languages can be learned: we care more about your engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where expertise and responsibility is shared with teammates across disciplines.
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, shell scripting, REST APIs
- Experience with data encryption and consumer privacy. Protecting Maven’s patient data is the most important thing to our company, and you should think about the privacy and security implications of every line of code you write!
- A deep belief in automation and doing things the right way the first time
- An opinion about what code to test and how to test it
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike and ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental and other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated ‘bring your child’ and ‘bring your canine’ to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.