Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
As our first marketing hire, you will develop and execute an end-to-end marketing strategy to tell Maven’s story as the leading platform for experts to share their knowledge with the world. This is a strategic role that requires creativity, scrappiness, execution, and bold thinking. The right candidate is enthusiastic about building a marketing engine from 0 to 1 at a high growth startup. As an experienced marketing generalist, you’ll have the autonomy to build the marketing function that will grow the university of the future.
Your initial goal is to inspire emerging thought-leaders to join our Maven Course Accelerator (MCA), our best-in-class onboarding program where promising instructors develop and launch successful cohort-based courses. To accomplish this goal, you’ll:
- Develop and manage effective and innovative campaigns to help Maven standout in the creator community, pique the interest of top creators, and drive MCA applications. You’ll set the strategy, oversee the production, and measure campaign effectiveness.
- Lead the continued development of Maven's unique brand voice and then oversee the efforts to bring this voice to life across our social channels, email, website, and events.
- Leverage our founders' and instructors' strong social followings to grow Maven’s follower count and engagement. Own the decisions of if/when/how to build presence on new platforms.
- Craft the messaging and positioning to reach our target instructor persona, working with agencies/contractors to produce content that will inspire them to teach on Maven.
- Create and execute against a marketing roadmap - prioritizing high leverage tactics and keeping the team focused on the biggest opportunities to drive growth within our instructor community.
With the MCA growing and the foundation of our marketing function built, you'll shift your attention to building a team of A+ talent that can execute your ideas at scale and grow our instructor community from the hundreds to the thousands in the next 12 months.
You’ll report to our GM of Core Operations and work closely with members of the leadership team including our CEO, Head of Product, and Head of Growth.
Picasso said, “Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun.” You transform a yellow spot into the sun. You’re scrappy, rigorous, and find a way to get things done. You’ve taken a little and turned it into a lot.
You’ve worked in roles that were ambiguous and ever-changing. You quickly digest new context and adapt. You have bold ideas, and an ambition to build something great. You're excited about developing new sources for top instructors and crafting compelling pitches. Rejection doesn’t deter you; it inspires you to iterate, innovate, and improve.
You're a strategic doer and entrepreneurial builder. You’ll be responsible for the success of your function, not just a single component of it. If you love research, are goal-oriented, and want to help build the future of education, we’re looking for you.
Come Learn, Grow, and Build with Us
For this role, we're looking for experienced people who like doing the scrappy hands-on work before building a team. The role above will start as an individual contributor. Since you’ll start as a one-person show, you should be excited to roll up your sleeves to execute. Our business is evolving fast, and we’re looking for people who can evolve with us.
We're a fully remote company with employees across the US and Canada. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.