Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
The best teachers in the world are out there, waiting to be discovered. Your job as Instructor Partnerships Lead is to find the influencers, leading experts, and thought-leaders of tomorrow and inspire them to develop and launch their own courses on Maven. We’re building the university of the future, and you will recruit our faculty.
You’ll own instructor recruiting efforts from end-to-end for the Maven Course Accelerator (MCA), our unique onboarding program where promising instructors develop and launch successful cohort-based courses. To accomplish this goal, you will:
- Your curiosity and ambition will guide you in identifying subject areas that lend well to cohort-based learning and then immerse yourself in those spaces to connect with established and emerging leaders.
- Expertise in persuasive communication is crucial as you’ll craft compelling written pitches to these experts that show them the promise and opportunity of launching their courses with Maven. You’ll make their eyes light up and close the deal over the phone, Zoom, or in-person.
- Your customer-centricity will guide your partnership with our Onboarding team in facilitating a smooth hand-off for our instructors, ensuring these new additions to our community are guaranteed success in launching and growing their course via our Maven Course Accelerator program.
- You’ll collaborate with marketing to grow our awareness within creator communities, working hand-in-hand to refine our messaging and design the tactics to reach this audience.
- As someone who doesn’t let balls drop you'll organize the incoming instructor funnel and your hunger to drive results will push you to optimize at every stage.
You’ll work with top talent across professional, academic, and creative fields looking to translate their expertise into amazing learning experiences. Your professionalism will confer confidence that Maven will be a valuable partner, and your contagious passion for their course will move them to take action. Your desire for excellence will push us to continually optimize our sales process for scale and quality.
This role will report to our GM of Core Operations.
Picasso said, “There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into sun." You transform a yellow spot into the sun. You’re scrappy, rigorous, and find a way to get things done. You’ve taken a little and turned it into a lot.
You’ve worked in roles that were ambiguous and ever-changing. You quickly digest new context and adapt. You have bold ideas, and an ambition to build something great. You're excited about developing new sources for top instructors and crafting compelling pitches. Rejection doesn’t deter you; it inspires you to iterate, innovate, and improve.
You're a strategic doer and entrepreneurial builder. You’ll be responsible for the success of your function, not only for a single component of it. If you love research, are goal-oriented, and want to help build the future of education, we’re looking for you.
Come Learn, Grow, and Build with Us:
We’re open to talented folks new in their career, and love more experienced people who like doing the scrappy hands-on work before building a team. The role above will start as an individual contributor. Since you’ll start as a one-person show, you should be excited to roll up your sleeves to execute. Our business is evolving fast, and we’re looking for people who can evolve with us.
We're a fully remote company with employees across the US and Canada. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.