Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
Work alongside Maven's leadership team to help the company with all internal operations necessary to be successful. You'll be tapped to help with company-wide goal-setting, provide significant input into strategic decisions and work on special projects that are not covered by an existing functional area. Your job, simply put, is to help make the company efficient and effective.
Maven is a small team of <20 where every leader is a player-coach that gets their hands dirty and enjoys doing the work. This role doesn't come with direct reports, but the person hired will likely have experience managing teams since that is common for all of our leaders. Eventually, this role may transition to a bigger role within the company or will have plenty of jumping off opportunities as we expand. You'll own a large number of areas, all of which currently involve managing and working with contractors. This includes accounting, legal, and human resources. Furthermore, you will also run investor relations, build and maintain the financial model, run the leadership and team meetings, and create the goal-setting and alignment throughout the company.
You should love creating lean, efficient process while working cross-functionally with almost everyone in the company. Examples of your first quarter's key outcomes would be to expand the internal executive dashboard to include retention and engagement metrics, build an investor relations function, help shepherd our hiring process, find and vet supplemental corporate lawyers for the company and helping Maven's CEO analyze data and craft the company's 2022 strategy.
- Ability to work cross-functionally - collecting stakeholder needs and implementing effective process that scales and is not overly burdensome on the organization
- Effective written communication in reporting on the business planning and performance, including to executives, investors, and staff
- Willingness to get in the weeds and work through complicated problems
- Outstanding project management and change management across internal staff and vendors
- Drive and ability to research areas of business expansion and articulate and implement recommendations for approach
We’re growing quickly but we’re still a startup, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we work. So far we’ve looked for teammates who:
- Are hungry to learn, and can give and receive ego-free feedback
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Value clear thinking and open communication
- Don't just solve problems - they seek them out, take ownership of the solution, and see it through from idea to execution
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done, not the most stuff possible