Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
Build a business line and a high-performing team that will make Maven the primary destination for courses by up-and-coming creators. You’ll develop the framework to attract and convert the best creators in the world. Once they’ve launched on the platform your team will do whatever it takes to help these instructors grow their courses to be seven-figure businesses. We have already started to prove this model via the Maven Course Accelerator run by co-founder Wes Kao. Through two cohorts, we have produced more than a dozen success stories of creators who have gone on to build successful courses. Your job is to take this model and grow it via A) scaling our existing Maven Course Accelerator, B) building a team that expands our educational offerings to instructors, and C) creating an ongoing instructor community that helps engage instructors during their 2nd through Nth cohorts.
By deeply knowing your customers, you will create new service offerings that meet their needs and then craft and execute go-to-market plans to launch these services. You’ll also work hand-in-hand with our Product Engineering team and our Partnerships team to shape our product roadmap so that it delivers value to our community of creators.
You’ll report to our CEO/Co-Founder, Gagan Biyani and be on the leadership team. You will be measured on the success and growth of this business line, which we believe can become $100M+ in revenue.
- A knack for analyzing complex funnels and coming up with creative solutions to optimize them
- Ability to build scalable solutions to communicate with and engage a large audience of stakeholders (our instructors)
- Ability to create and execute on MVP-style tests for new initiatives
- Ability and willingness to build the MVP themselves and not give up when presented with setbacks or when initiatives don’t initially work
- Ability to attract and manage a talented team
- Finesse, professionalism, and authority to communicate with and persuade top creators, especially via content (written and video)
We’re growing quickly but we’re still a startup, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we work. So far we’ve looked for teammates who:
- Are hungry to learn, and can give and receive ego-free feedback
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Value clear thinking and open communication
- Don't just solve problems - they seek them out, take ownership of the solution, and see it through from idea to execution
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done, not the most stuff possible
Come Learn, Grow, and Build with Us
We're a fully remote company with employees in Toronto, Austin, New York, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.