Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
Build a new business line and a high-performing team that will make Maven the primary destination for courses by top creators. You’ll develop the framework to target, vet, and partner with the best creators in the world. Once they’ve launched on the platform your team will do whatever it takes to help these instructors grow their courses to be seven-figure businesses.
By deeply knowing your customers, you will create new service offerings that meet their needs and then craft and execute go-to-market plans to launch these services. You’ll also work hand-in-hand with our Product Engineering team and our Core Instructor team to shape our product roadmap so that it delivers value to our community of creators.
You’ll report to our CEO/Co-Founder, Gagan Biyani and be on the leadership team. You will be measured on the success and growth of this business line.
- Finesse, professionalism, and authority to communicate and persuade top creators
- Ability to talk to customers, understand their needs and craft creative operational solutions that solve their problems
- An understanding of how to work in a high growth startup environment
- Ability to attract, vet, close, and manage high performing talent
- Excellent taste in content
- Relentless scrappiness:
- Ability to build a business from .5 to 1 (we’re slightly beyond 0)
- Ability to craft a winning strategy and execute on MVP-style tests for new initiatives
- Ability and willingness to build the MVP yourself and not give up when presented with setbacks or when initiatives don’t initially work
We’re growing quickly but we’re still a startup, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we work. So far we’ve looked for teammates who:
- Are hungry to learn, and can give and receive ego-free feedback
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Value clear thinking and open communication
- Don't just solve problems - they seek them out, take ownership of the solution, and see it through from idea to execution
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done, not the most stuff possible
Come Learn, Grow, and Build with Us
We're a fully remote company with employees in Toronto, Austin, New York, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.