Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
You will be the 2nd designer on the team, will own a huge portion of our product, and will grow to being a world class IC or leader of our design org.
- Own product design from idea through launch for half of our product
- i.e. multiple items from this list: admin platform, student experience, live session, community, marketing pages
- Own the visual language for our brand, the student experience, and instructor platform
- Shape our product roadmap by identifying the right problems to solve
- Bring tested opinions on how to run an excellent design processes
- Grow into either a world-class IC or a leader of our design org
- Sample questions you will think deeply about:
- What do creators need to build and grow a business teaching online?
- What is the best possible live learning experience? How does it look different than what Zoom can do today?
- How do we make community a core pillar of the online learning experience? What does that include?
- How can we turn cohort-based courses into one of the greatest networking opportunities online?
- Led design on shipped products with real users
- Designed impeccable visual interfaces
- Strong strategic communication, and can explain why something should be built, and why not
- Excellent tactical communication, setting engineers up for success
- Judgement around when to do something quickly, and when to design for the long term
- Product intuition that you use to make design decisions
If you don't meet these criteria but are still excited about Maven, reach out anyway - we'd love to hear from you.
We’re growing quickly but we’re still a startup, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we work. So far we’ve looked for teammates who:
- Are hungry to learn, and can give and receive ego-free feedback
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Value clear thinking and open communication
- Don't just solve problems - they seek them out, take ownership of the solution, and see it through from idea to execution
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done, not the most stuff possible
Come Build With Us
We're a fully remote company with employees in New York, Toronto, Austin, the Bay Area, and beyond. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.