Maven helps anyone build a cohort-based course and deliver an incredible student experience at scale.
Unlike small workshops or on-demand online classes, we integrate both live and asynchronous components to engage students without needing to scale up instructor time or support staff.
Our mission is to democratize education through online cohort-based courses.
Right now, many experts and creators don't have the team, budget, or bandwidth to create a high quality cohort-based course. Inspired by the simplicity and power of tools like Shopify and Substack, we are building a platform that enables the best instructors around the world to build the most engaging and interactive courses.
Our small team has built and run world-class educational experiences at Udemy, AltMBA, Minerva, Google, General Assembly, Socratic, and Shopify. We're backed by incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, Naval Ravikant, and Arlan Hamilton. We've launched sold-out courses for incredible instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, Sahil Lavingia, and more.
We're looking for entrepreneurial, strategic doers who are passionate about shaping the future of education. Could that be you?
We're looking for product-minded full-stack engineers to collaboratively design and build new product features from start to finish. In this role you will:
- Implement major new features, make performance and reliability improvements, build internal tooling, and polish existing features
- Work across our React client, Python API, and AWS infrastructure
- Think deeply about user problems, and evaluate new tools and patterns to quickly and reliably solve these problems
- Communicate your plans from the high level context to the low level details
- Collaborate with instructors, course managers, designers, and other engineers to design systems and write code that work smoothly in the short run, and are a pleasure to extend in the long run
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are an experienced and mature engineer who wants to build incredible products while shaping the architecture, tooling, and engineering culture of our company
- Understand how modern web apps work from the client-side to the infrastructure
- Have experience building and maintaining production apps over multiple iterations
- Have owned the design, development, release, and monitoring of significant features in a production app
- Enjoy working with stakeholders outside engineering to understand their problems and needs, and exhibit strong judgement in how you solve their problems
- Love your craft, pick up new ideas quickly, and have a flexible mind
We're building an engineering culture that is supportive, ambitious, and caring. We:
- Invest in each other and ourselves
- Care deeply about our customers and each other
- Bring warmth, humor, and openness to work
- Communicate clearly, listen openly, and ask great questions
- Look for diverse perspectives and value unconventional paths
- Above all, aim to surround ourselves with people with passion and integrity
If this is you, reach out even if you don't exactly fit the role description above. We'd love to hear from you.