Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s experts to offer live courses directly to their students. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world. We're the leading marketplace for cohort-based courses, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and more. We've launched hundreds of successful courses and helped instructors of all backgrounds make a living teaching the things they know best.
You will be one of the first 10 engineers at the company, owning features end-to-end, shaping our roadmap and culture, and building the largest marketplace of cohort-based-courses on the Internet.
- Build features from end-to-end, and become an owner of many parts of the system.
- Contribute broadly to architecture, system design, and product design.
- Work full-stack, primarily with React, Python, and Postgres.
- Build things like:
- A learning platform featuring chat, projects, peer feedback, and more.
- Search, recommendations, and quality signals to help students find great courses.
- Creator tools like landing page builders, email campaigns, and data automations.
- 3+ years of experience shipping features in production apps with real users
- A strong desire to build something incredible.
- A desire to learn from others and take on new challenges.
- A desire to strengthen those around you.
We’re a small team and you’ll undeniably shape our culture. So far we’ve looked for teammates who:
- Are hungry to learn, and can give and receive feedback
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Value clear thinking and open communication
- Don't just solve problems - they seek them out, take ownership of the solution, and see them through.
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done.
Come Build With Us
We're a fully remote company with employees in New York, Toronto, Austin, the Bay Area, and beyond. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.
Salary Range: $150-200k