Matternet is defining the future of drone delivery. Join us as Head of Business Development and bring Matternet’s drone delivery platform to new markets around the world.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for leading the entire business development process for a pipeline of high-impact strategic opportunities. You are a motivated, entrepreneurial-minded, data-driven leader who is energized by cultivating high-value business opportunities across key strategic markets. the operational mindset and careful planning to see projects through to implementation. You are comfortable engaging across different areas of the company - operations, engineering, product - to filter insights into decisive strategies for Matternet.
- Lead Matternet’s global partnership efforts
- Lead the international go-to-market strategy while building and maintaining a robust pipeline of high-value leads for new business opportunity
- Oversee the end-to-end deal process from relationship development, vetting of customer business case opportunities, project due diligence and definition, all the way through contract completion
- Manage Matternet’s strategic relationships with partners across key international markets that align with the company’s go-to-market strategy
- Establish and report metrics that provide operational insight and drive decision-making at all levels of Matternet’s Executive team and the Executive team of our Partners
- Manage the end-to-end workflows from exploration of needs and definition of solutions, to the negotiation and closure of contracts.
- Develop a long-term strategy for pioneering new markets and opportunities in line with Matternet’s vision
- Measure and analyze productivity and effectiveness, form strategic product road maps, create market positioning and competitive advantages
- Drive quarterly revenue results – commit to short-term results, forecast future revenue, and take accountability for both short-term success and longer-term strategy
- Drive Matternet’s pricing strategy
- Drive Matternet’s PR and marketing activities
- 10+ years of experience in managing BD / Strategic Partnerships
- Proven track record of generating high-value strategic partnerships and customer project opportunities under complex, multi-party stakeholder environments
- Experience implementing new innovative products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a sharp filter for defining priorities and managing your time effectively
- Experience in a high-growth, early-stage startup
You’ll love working here because:
The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
The culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, and beliefs. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.
We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, and flexible time off.