Together we are making instant access to physical goods through autonomous aerial robotics a reality. As our Aircraft Hardware Lead, you will report directly to our VP of Engineering and play a significant role in our current and future aircraft design. You will lead a diverse set of engineers and provide technical leadership to make contributions to further push the limits of today’s aerial delivery vehicles.
- Lead the various Aircraft Engineering departments (ME, EE, SysE, etc) in a high paced, high stakes environment
- Confidently lead your team through technical and interpersonal challenges
- Set the cultural and technical standard for Aircraft HW Engineering
- Support the maintenance of existing products in deployment as well as those still in development
- Coordinate closely with Aircraft Software Lead to ensure Hardware and Software development are effectively managed and integrated
- Coordinate with our Hardware & Software Leads in other departments
- Contribute individually to high and low-level design aspects of the Aircraft
- Coordinate with upper management to set expectations about deliverables and shape short to mid-term items on the roadmap.
- First 30 days: Meet the team, learn about the current state of Engineering while becoming familiar with our aircraft systems.
- 30 - 60 days: Be expected to manage/lead the aircraft hardware team’s day-to-day sustaining needs.
- 60 - 90 days: Use your collective experience and perspective on the current and future needs of the team to set quarterly milestones and execute on short and mid-term commitments.
- Experience in aviation or aerospace products or systems
- Strong track record of full system design influence
- B.S. Engineering or equivalent experience
- + 10 years of experience in leading hardware engineering projects/product
- + 5 years of managing a diverse engineering team
- Experience in full-cycle development (design to high volume production)
- B.S. or M.S. in Aerospace Engineering & Design
You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, and beliefs. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.
We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits include access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401(k) program, PTO, 11 federal holidays, and heated rounds of ping pong (once social distancing has been lifted).