Matternet seeks a Staff Mechanical Engineer for its Station development team. As a Staff Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of the Station Hardware Engineering team designing, developing, and building UAV ground stations. You will be responsible for the conception, design, productization, and support of the station, including but not limited to: structural analysis, electro-mechanical mechanisms, overall system packaging, environmental considerations, and thermal management. Successful execution will require cross-functional engagement with EE, Software, and Manufacturing. Your role will include hands-on work in prototype development and validation.
- Take responsibility for station sub-assemblies and mechanisms
- Perform mechanical design tasks using SolidWorks
- Draft professional engineering drawings utilizing GD&T
- Create validation test plans and execute testing
- Work closely with manufacturing and external vendors to scale the product design
- In the first 30 days: Become familiar with existing station design and begin to take ownership of several sub-assemblies
- In the first 60 days: Implement design changes to make the station product ‘feature complete’ and work closely with vendors and manufacturers to scale station production
- In the first 90 days: Work closely with the Station team to plan and execute validation testing
- 15+ years of relevant mechanical design experience with a relevant engineering degree or +20 years of equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and GD&T
- Experience with machine design and general product development
- A proven track record of bringing products from conception to production
- Ability to self-lead and identify goals and objectives to achieve the overall product vision
- Demonstrated skills in mechanism design and/or mechatronics
- Occasional domestic and international travel to customer sites
- Strong experience with structural analysis
- Testing and reliability experience especially in outdoor environments
- Experience with outdoor kiosk design or outdoor rated enclosure design
- Skilled in designing machined, cast, sheet metal, weldments, plastics, and other processes, and including the related documentation packages (drawings, BOM, assembly instructions, manuals, etc.) for consumer or commercial products
- Experience working with CE requirements or NRTL listing such as UL or TUV for product safety
You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, and beliefs. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, and flexible time off.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.