Join Matternet as a Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer to implement aerospace industry best practices in the production testing of electromechanical systems.
The Matternet drone delivery system operates under the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) approval and must meet strict criteria for safety, reliability, and airworthiness. The Production Test Engineer is critical to ensure our manufacturing processes meet these expectations.
The role combines responsibilities in production test development through implementation to manufacturing.
- Develop validation plans and procedures in coordination with the Design teams.
- Design production test solutions for subassemblies and final products.
- Participate in design reviews of system requirements.
- Manage test performance and conduct certification tests.
- Validate test results based on functional and design specifications and pre-defined testing guidelines.
- Investigate hardware and software test interactions and be able to apply this understanding to resolve testing issues.
- Support risk management activities.
- Be responsible for build and delivery of test equipment to the production lines including managing suppliers to deliver test equipment, fixtures, and tools.
- Be responsible for test station quality and record keeping, including GRR, troubleshooting, maintenance, and test equipment calibration.
- Review testing results to identify potential design and performance improvements.
- Coordinate and oversee the planning of acceptance tests and coordinate the execution of these plans.
- Implement regular reporting of test results to monitor production.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline plus 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong in at least one of the following technical areas and sufficient for the rest
- Python and Linux
- Hands-on experience in hardware assembly, testing and troubleshooting
- Statistics, statistical models, and experimental design
- 2+ years of experience in testing electromechanical systems in a production environment.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently.
You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, and beliefs. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, flexible time off, and heated rounds of ping pong (once social distancing lifts).
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.