Matternet has developed best-in-class technology for on-demand, automated aerial delivery for healthcare companies in urban environments and as a UAV Embedded Software Engineer you will be an integral member guiding the company's forward trajectory.
Our product has a strong foundation, accomplishing many first-of-its-kind milestones in the UAV-delivery space, and we are now at an exciting juncture to bring our technology platform-as-a-service to the next level.
In order to create seamless autonomy, you will have your hands on the iteration of our current generation vehicle and the development of future generations. You will focus on building out the embedded layer of the aircraft which will expand its capabilities of autonomous flight.
Not only will you work with a cross-functional team of Electrical, Mechanical, GNC, and Software Engineers, but your day to day work will involve a variety of complex peripherals in order to further develop and productionize our M2 drone.
- Design, build, test, and troubleshoot hardware, firmware, and embedded software for Matternet drone autopilot system and embedded systems
- Continuous integration, build and test of software releases
- Requirements analysis, specification, design, coding, debugging and documentation
- Support manufacturing and operations for quality inspections and testing/troubleshooting embedded systems
- BE / MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ and Python for developing embedded systems in Linux/Unix environments
- Strong design and programming skills in C/C++ alongside knowledge of software engineering practices in software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Embedded Linux, Linux development, Linux tools, shell scripting, Linux Kernel/API, Linux device drivers & embedded Linux platform for ARM
- Strong understanding of protocols, device drivers, and multi-threaded programming
- Experience selecting micro-controllers and working with new peripherals, features, and development environments
- Experience developing and troubleshooting various Linux drivers, including USB, I2C, SPI, UART Assembly language a plus
- Experience reviewing board schematics
- Must be comfortable with hands-on debugging at the rudimentary signal level if necessary (using O-scopes and/or logic analyzers)
- Experience working with Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)
- Some exposure to UAVs and Avionics technologies like ADS-B, GPS, LIDAR, Vision sensor etc
- Experience in build systems such as Waf, Python, GNU Make and CMake
- Experience with software versioning tools such as Git and JIRA
- Experience working on cross-functional teams using agile software development methods
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, beliefs; people. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, flexible time off and catered lunch.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.