Matternet is looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer who has experience building next-generation web applications, ideally dabbling in development across the stack. You will report directly to our Head of Platform and make a direct impact on our product's growth through your day to day duties.
Matternet is making instant access to physical goods through autonomous aerial robotics a reality. As an Senior Engineer on a small and agile team, you will make contributions to our software and systems on both the front and backend side, helping shape the coolest and most powerful Mission Control and Fleet Management systems anyone has ever seen.
To get an idea of what you’ll impact, check out the Matternet Station.
- Be trusted to take point on complex product initiatives and run them to completion with minimal supervision
- Work with the rest of our software team and across engineering disciplines to build the infrastructure that our air and ground assets rely on: real-time drone tracking system, back-office asset management system, customer-facing tools
- Move between backend APIs and front-end-user interfaces
- 6+ years of real-world experience
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real-world functionality of your programming
- Expertise in modern web frameworks like React & Redux
- Experience working in real-time cloud systems
- You are familiar with GraphQL, Apollo, and Express
- You’ve worked with relational DBs like PostgreSQL and ORMs like Sequelize
- You are as comfortable working on frontend Bootstrap/React-based applications as you are diving deep into backend APIs
- You’ve worked peripheral tech like React Native, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- You are familiar with MQTT based messaging and GTS databases
- You think autonomous aerial vehicles are as cool as we do
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, beliefs; people. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, flexible time off and catered lunch.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.