Matternet is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to report directly to our Head of Platform. Together we are making instant access to physical goods through autonomous aerial robotics a reality. As a DevOps engineer, you will be building infrastructure that allows our development teams to run fast while allowing for safe and reliable scaling of our cloud and onboard infrastructure. To get an idea of what you’ll impact, check out the New Matternet Station https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewemfbksK8s.
You will work with the rest of our software team and across engineering disciplines to support the infrastructure that our air and ground assets rely on. Participating in weekly planning and daily sync-ups are standard, and iterating fast and deploying often is expected.
- Develop and manage CI initiatives within the engineering organization.
- Support production deployments and create tooling to automate the processes
- Develop local tooling to improve the productivity and efficiency of our software developers
- Develop automated build processes for our embedded systems software
- Support Over-the-air deployment of build to our fleet of drones and stations
- 6+ years of real-world experience
- Extensive AWS Deployment experience
- Led initiatives to build and deploy in a CI/CD workflow
- Experience working with Linux and macOS environments
- Scripting experience with Python
- Traditional IT operations/infrastructure management
- Experience with CircleCI CI/CD workflows
- Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elastic Beanstalk, and Aurora are all technologies you are comfortable working with.
- GraphQL, Hasura, MQTT are technologies you are familiar with
You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, and beliefs. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, flexible time off and catered lunch.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.