Matternet is looking for a Production Control Specialist to implement aerospace industry best practices in production control. The Matternet drone delivery system operates under the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) approval and has to meet strict criteria of part traceability, safety, and airworthiness. This role will be critical to ensure that our manufacturing process meets these expectations. The role combines responsibilities in physical inventory control and Quality documentation tracking.
- Inventory Control
- Manage the incoming receiving and inspection of production parts and consumable materials used in production
- Manage the non-conforming materials identification, containment, and disposition
- Maintain Inventory control for
- Production and sub-vendor manufacturing.
- First-in / First-out inventory (FIFO) management
- Shelf life limits, Humidity controls & ESD protection in storage
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) records when applicable
- Preparation and kitting of parts per ERP work orders against build plan schedules
- Physical reconciliation of inventory with ERP records
- Manage traceability system of serialized critical components to the vehicle and their respective sub-assembly levelsQuality
- Documentation Records
- Establish procedures for maintaining quality control documents and change control of documents for production, vehicle maintenance, and the quality systems
- Oversee controlled documents and be responsible for the administration of the controlled document system.
- Oversee version control, archival and tracking of QC forms from manufacturing and contract manufacturers.
- Generate, manage, and track controlled documents and facilitate their submission to regulatory agencies.
- BS degree plus 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Must have 2 or more years of experience in document control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Display appropriate professional behavior in business-related interactions
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently