As a Lead Embedded Software Engineer, you will join the team to develop complex electro-mechanical systems. You will lead and execute on the conception, design, productization, and support of the Station embedded subsystem, including; FW/SW/HW architecture and stack design, A/D, D/A, DSP, embedded microcontroller selection, communication protocols, and necessary algorithms. Successful execution will require diverse engagement with ME, EE, Mechatronics, and Manufacturing within the Station team, as well as greater Matternet organization.
- MS in Computer Engineering, Robotics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in Embedded Firmware development, SW/HW/FW architecture/stack design
- Expertise in C/C++ state machine software design
- Experience leading a team through full product development and launch
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience building Linux-based embedded and RTOS systems (eg STM32, ARM Cortex)
- Expertise in controlling peripheral devices such as: encoders, electric actuators, motors (BDC, BLDC, stepper), sensors (capacitive, inductive, IR, LIDAR, etc.), or complex robotic systems
- Deep functional knowledge of communications protocols (CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, BLE) and selecting those that are optimal for the application
- Experience with and ability to use logic analyzer/scope and a soldering iron
- Experience implementing Agile SW development processes and tests to drive release management
- Experience optimizing C and Matlab algorithms for high data throughput
- Experience with smart battery IC projects (TI BQ or other battery management chips)
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow.
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, beliefs; people. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company’s through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, flexible time off and catered lunch.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.
Please note: our office is located in Mountain View, CA and our employees are onsite in Mountain View the majority of the week.
We provide many of the common startup benefits, including catered lunch, endless coffee, snacks, and even the occasional ping-pong or pick-up basketball game. We are conveniently located within walking distance of Caltrain.