A little bit about you:
- You love making beautiful, and delightful Web experiences.
- You’ve been building and deploying Web applications professionally for 5+ years.
- You have experience working at a startup.
- You are comfortable writing raw SQL, and understand how ORMs work.
- You have experience deploying Web services on AWS.
- You have experience with, or a strong interest in learning, tools for deployment (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), CI/CD (CircleCI, Jenkins), monitoring/alerting (NewRelic, Sentry, Datadog, PagerDuty), and logging (SumoLogic, Splunk).
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You can balance idealism with pragmatism.
- You currently live in, or are willing to relocate to, the San Francisco Bay Area.
- You have experience with open source.
- You have experience with event-driven infrastructure tools such as Kinesis, SNS/SQS, or Kafka.
- You have experience with networking and VPN/VPC.
- You have experience with testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Karma, QUnit, Cypress, or TestCafe.
- You have experience with backend frameworks, such as Express, Rails, or Django.
- You have experience with frontend build tools such as Lerna, Yarn, or Webpack.