Matic is an insurance tech startup who delivers an unbiased approach to insurance. We combine a powerful digital experience with assistance from our team of trusted advisors. Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience.
Our digital insurance marketplace has over 40 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and of course fun.
The Importance of this Role
The Director of Data Analytics will lead and manage all facets of Matic’s vast data ecosystem. The role will be responsible for developing and implementing a data analytics strategy that delivers actionable insights, enabling the business to scale efficiently and effectively. As we are growing quickly (including our data assets), the role must ensure we have proper data governance, data visualization, data education, and data infrastructure that sets the business up for long-term success. Data quality is of utmost importance as both internal and external customers (who license Matic data) rely upon the data to make critical business decisions.
We are seeking an innovative and solution oriented data leader who will leverage millions of rows of data to help guide Matic’s leaders and third party licensees in making data-informed decisions. This role reports directly into the C-suite and will have an enormous impact in shaping Matic as we scale!
What You’ll Do
- Build & iterate a data analytics roadmap / strategy that supports business growth.
- Oversee and level up the company's data architecture, reporting and analytical capabilities.
- Combine external and internal data driven insights to inform company and product strategy.
- Provide subject matter expertise in data integration, transformation, visualization, statistical models and analysis, BI technologies and tools and experimentation design.
- Be a thought leader to the executive leadership team in helping them identify, measure and track KPIs best suited to their business area.
- Create high impact predictive models that will guide our consumer acquisition, retention and monetization efforts.
- Own Matic’s data analytics stack from data collection, storage, validation, governance, visualization and self-service consumption across the organization.
- Champion a data-driven culture at Matic and train the organization to make the best use of data available to them.
- Develop and implement a data monetization strategy in partnership with executive leadership.
- Hire, lead and mentor the data team to support our growing organization.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field such as Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar, or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in a data role.
- 4+ years of people management, leading and developing data and analytics teams.
- Expertise with SQL query optimization, schema and ETL design and data pipeline maintenance.
- Experience with data aggregation, reporting, and visualization platforms.
- Experience with advanced data science modeling and techniques.
- Possesses superior analytical and problem-solving skills, comfortable operating in an environment that requires multi-tasking, anticipation, attention to detail, prioritization and meeting tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of corporate and operational business issues as well as marketing strategy, P&L management, and budgeting.
- Business savvy mindset, understanding how data services the entire business, with a track record of having deep ownership of projects and demonstrating the obsession with improvement of what is possible with data.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to explain complex analyses and insights to technical and non-technical audiences, translate business questions into actionable insights.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
What We Offer
- Career advancement - we have a culture that prioritizes internal promotion and career growth
- Matic Stock Options - all employees have ownership in Matic
- Flexible Paid Time Off - take off as much time as you need - we support work / life balance
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance - Matic pays 100% for employees - $0 out of your paycheck for benefits!
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - with monthly $$ employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan Option
- Continuing education - licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One Team, One Dream is our company motto
- Frequent team events & activities - happy hours, charity events, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc.
- Modern and casual office environment with various amenities - ping pong table, coffee/espresso bar, flavored water bar, etc.