Did you know that banana is our most sold grocery? and we deliver over 200 thousand bananas every month! MatHem pioneered and leads online grocery shopping in Sweden. The Swedish grocery market is worth $30B annually and we are going after a large slice of that pie. In comparison, the global music streaming market is worth $19B annually. We are dedicated to creating an outstanding experience for our customers - from planning purchases with your family until the milk is in your fridge. At MatHem you have a rare opportunity to use Tech to put a positive dent in peoples’ lives. The smile on people’s faces when the groceries are handed over is priceless. We create more time for whatever people love - cooking, family time, exercise, and work.
We look for strong people with ambition to make a large impact on our customers and our company. You will have all opportunities to do so. MatHem is backed by Kinnevik who has a track record of backing companies who successfully transform industries - from media to telco. Our office is and will remain in central Stockholm.
Why Work With Us?
At MatHem we have developed a microservice architecture and application for Web, iOS, and Android for our customers to use. We are highly ambitious when it comes to tech and product development and we always try to work with modern and innovative new solutions to make MatHem the next big thing within tech and deliver high-quality code.
We like to work together so we sometimes work with pair programming to solve tough tasks, but you will also work independently. For the right person, you will have the opportunity to grow as a person but also as an engineer At MatHem we work a lot with code reviews and feedback sessions to evolve everyone within the company.
Our costumers have, rightly, high expectations of speed and quality of our product, from our suppliers to their door. That demands a highly technical backend platform to optimize our supply chain and in the end, so save our costumers time and make them happy. You will do this with your team of 7-8 people where five of them are C# Developers as well. In our team we strive for technical excellence for the product goals, keeping an open and friendly atmosphere, and working with the latest & greatest technologies!
As a C# Developer you will develop a high-scalable, robust and cloud-based platform that orchestrates MatHem’s sophisticated supply chain. Our goal is to have frequent and rapid releases with high quality, engineer the system based on modern techniques with domain-driven design and reactive manifesto, that will be capable of handling the growing market of online grocery shopping.
We are in an adventure of going from monolith and on-premise services into pure cloud serverless architecture with well defined microservice boundaries. Therefore, we are very keen on automated quality assurance, to be confident that every piece of puzzle works as a system.
At MatHem we generally use this tech stack:
- Serverless (lambda & dynamodb)
- Event-driven (sqs, sns & event bridge)
- Microservice architecture (api gateway + lambda)
- Bounded and pragmatic contexts
- Managed services if no serverless (e.g Elasticsearch)
- Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation & SAM)
- Observability (kibana & cw for logs and datadog for dashboards, alerts and metrics)
Coding languages (agnostic mindset in general even though C# is the tool for this specific role)
- dotnet core
- Analytics (BigQuery, GA, GO, GTM and our own data from AWS)
- ML (we also use Sagemaker in AWS)
What we are looking for:
- Five years of experience of software development where at least three of these years are exclusively in C#
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Basic understanding of distributed systems
- Ability to distinguish between different communication models in distributed systems
- Experience in one of the CI/CD tool, such as GitLab, GitHub or similar
- Experience in unit testing and mocking
- Agile way of thinking based on Scrum/Kanban
- A balanced way of thinking with respect to both technical excellence and business goal
We would also prefer if you have:
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience in working with distributed systems
- Ability to explain complex C# paradigms, for example thread-safe collections, middleware, expressions, etc
- Experience in automated acceptance testing for distributed systems
At MatHem you will also be part of a creative and helpful environment with a lot of heart. When you want a break, there is probably a colleague up for a game of table tennis or a coffee, or you could just fill your inspiration by watching the beautiful view of Skeppsholmen. The managers will believe in you and have a great openness to your thoughts and way of working.
So… do you wanna go bananas with us?