MatHem pioneered and leads online grocery shopping in Sweden. The Swedish grocery market is worth $30B annually and we are going after a large slice of that pie. In comparison, the global music streaming market is worth $19B annually. We are dedicated to creating an outstanding experience for our customers - from planning purchases with your family until the milk is in your fridge. At MatHem you have a rare opportunity to use Tech to put a positive dent in peoples’ lives. The smile on people’s faces when the groceries are handed over is priceless. We create more time for whatever people love - cooking, family time, exercise and work.
We’re currently looking for an intern for 6-8 weeks over the summer of 2020 to especially focus on optimizing and streamlining our current data pipelines to reduce complexity and lower cost. We’re quite flexible on the timing of working weeks, and we believe this can be the right opportunity for an aspiring software engineer with an interest in data to gain valuable work experience.
- Optimize and streamline data pipelines especially residing at Azure cloud to reduce complexity and lower costs
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines and schema designs to improve accessibility and quality of data
Skills & Wish list
- Completed at least 2 year of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Basic understanding of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, operating system internals and algorithm complexity analysis
- Knowledgeable in, or eager to learn, Python and SQL
- It’s a plus if you’ve experience from cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure