Did you know that banana is our most sold grocery? and we deliver over 200 thousand bananas every month! MatHem pioneered and leads online grocery shopping in Sweden. The Swedish grocery market is worth $30B annually and we are going after a large slice of that pie. In comparison, the global music streaming market is worth $19B annually. We are dedicated to creating an outstanding experience for our customers - from planning purchases with your family until the milk is in your fridge. At MatHem you have a rare opportunity to use Tech to put a positive dent in peoples’ lives. The smile on people’s faces when the groceries are handed over is priceless. We create more time for whatever people love - cooking, family time, exercise and work.
Why work with us?
We look for strong people with ambition to make a large impact on our customers and our company. You will have all opportunities to do so. MatHem is backed by Kinnevik who has a track record of backing companies who successfully transform industries - from media to telco. Our office is and will remain in central Stockholm and we’re now looking for a Data Scientist to join our tech department.
As one of Mathem’s first data scientists, and part of an innovative, agile, international team in one of Sweden’s fastest-growing tech companies you’ll have a unique opportunity. Data science plays a vital role in MatHem’s entire operation. Historically, our focus areas have primarily resolved around product recommendations and forecasting of future sales — but we’re now looking to rapidly expand this to all dimensions of our business. While we’re initially looking for generalists, who can apply statistics and machine learning to solve problems at a scale ranging from improving the end-user experiences to optimising warehouse and distribution quality and efficiency, we are open to specialising the roles down the line.
What you’ll do at Mathem
- Apply machine learning to analyze and solve real-world problems across our e-commerce, warehouse and distribution domains
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to help identify, define and explore data science opportunities
- Support and drive initiatives across our domains by discovering data insights and helping the team make data-driven decisions
- Work closely with data engineers to create, launch and maintain machine learning models in production
We believe the right candidate could look something like this:
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a quantitative discipline (such as computer science, math, statistics, engineering, etc)
- 2+ years of relevant experience working for a technology company
- Track-record of successfully launching machine learning models with improved business results
- Experience of building systems for model training and serving using e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Fluency in related programming languages such as Python, R and SQL
- Strong analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers to design and run experiments, including designing and evaluating new algorithms as well as implementing known algorithms
- Experience from cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- You have a Swedish work permit and are currently living in Stockholm/Sweden
- A real passion for AI
At MatHem you will also be part of a creative and helpful environment with a lot of heart. When you want a break, there is probably a colleague up for a game of table tennis or a coffee, or you could just fill your inspiration by watching the beautiful view of Skeppsholmen. The managers will believe in you and have a great openness to your thoughts and way of working.
So… do you wanna go bananas with us?