Who We Are:
Materialize is an operational data warehouse. It’s the same SQL, same workflows, same architecture as an analytical data warehouse, but with a continuous computation model instead of batch. Your data is always up to date, always consistent, and always immediately accessible, so you can build real-time automation, engaging customer experiences, and new operational data products that drive value for your business.
Our streaming-first data warehouse is purpose-built for the unique demands of operational work. The familiar cloud architecture means low admin overhead, no new skills required. And the incremental engine means the same complex batch transformation logic from analytical warehouses can be ported over to run in real time with minimal engineering effort, and without increasing costs.
Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
About the role:
As a Field Engineer, you will guide the technical evaluation phase in a hands-on environment throughout the sales process. You will be a key part of the sales team, acting as a technical advisor and working with the product team as an advocate for your customers in the field. You will help our customers achieve tangible outcomes with Materialize, establishing a clear architectural vision and identifying compelling use cases, helping our customers realize value. You'll grow as a leader in your field while finding solutions to our customers' biggest challenging problems.
The impact you will have:
- You will become an expert on cutting-edge streaming and database systems
- Lead your clients through evaluating and adopting Materialize
- Support your customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications
- Engage with the technical community (both internal and customer) by leading workshops, seminars, and meet-ups
- Together with your Account Executive, you will form successful relationships with clients to provide technical and business value
What we look for:
- Pre- or post-sales experience working with external clients
- As this is a broad and varied role, you will have proven expertise in data, such as data engineering, architecture, or data science
- Experience demonstrating technical concepts, including presenting and white-boarding
- Proficiency with SQL and some scripting languages like Python
Bonus points for:
- Significant experience using SQL databases, Flink, Kafka, and other data infrastructure.
- Experience working with high-performance, high availability systems.
- Experience working on a cloud product.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.